Yes you can, follow the following steps. Keep in mind you still need to have a valid instructor. This is required by the State of Texas for the work in this course to be valid.
- Get Your Learner’s Permit from the DPS and complete the rest of the course.
- Click the following link to get your transfer certificate (link will only appear when you are logged in and have earned your Provisional Driver License Certificate):
- Write the name of the driving school you are transferring to on the certificate.
- Check the Transfer Checkbox on your Driver License Certificate.
- Do your 14 driving hours with your local driving school.
- Do your 30 Behind-The-Wheel Hours, hold the permit for 6 months, and complete the ITTD Program.
- Pass the driving test at the DPS and get your license.